Conveniently located off Highway 441 in south Georgia, this park features a wide variety of amenities. Golfers can test their skills on the 18-hole Wallace Adams Course with clubhouse, golf pro and junior/senior discounts. During summer, children will especially enjoy the splash pad where they can run through fountains and squirt their friends. The park’s 2.6-mile Oak Ridge Trail winds through sand hills, scrub oaks and pines, taking hikers to a short boardwalk.
Little Ocmulgee’s campground is nestled among live oaks and Spanish moss, while rental cottages have beautiful lake views. A 60-room lodge offers hotel-style guest rooms, meeting facilities and a restaurant with golf-course view. Little Ocmulgee State Park is a beautiful and affordable location for meetings, reunions, weddings and other group gatherings.
$5 parking. Annual passes available.
7 a.m.–10 p.m.
Splash Pad Hours:
Opens Memorial Day Weekend: May 28, 2016
June–July, Wednesday–Sunday 1 p.m.–6 p.m.
August, Saturday–Sunday 1 p.m.–6 p.m.
Closes Labor Day Weekend: September 6, 2016
Accommodations & Facilities:
• 1,360 Acres
• 60-Room Lodge & Conference Center
• 10 Cottages — #4 & #6 are dog friendly ($45/dog, max 2)
• 55 Campsites
• Pioneer Campsite
• 7 Picnic Shelters
• 2 Group Shelters (seats 50 & 125)
• 265-Acre Lake
• Wallace Adams Golf Course
• Meeting Facilities
Available in the lodge
Things To Do & See:
• Hiking — 2.6-mile trail & boardwalk
• Splash Pad (fee)
• Lake Swimming
• Swimming Pool — lodge & cottage guests only
• Bike Rental
• Miniature Golf (fee) — seasonal
• Canoe Rental
• 2 Tennis Courts
• Brazell's Creek Golf Course at Gordonia-Alatamaha
• Fitzgerald, GA
• Flint River Aquarium, Albany
• General Coffee State Park & Heritage Farm
• Georgia Veterans State Park
• Gordonia-Alatamaha State Park
• Jefferson Davis Memorial Historic Site
• Memorial Golf Course at Georgia Veterans State Park
• SAM Shortline Excursion Train